Friday, January 8, 2010

The kids had the greatest time this summer in the garden, watering and picking, and eating. It was really rewarding.
I love this picture. It is like the Chiquita Banana goes veggies. I had looked forward to my tomatoes for months and I never thought I would be tied of them but I soon found my self sick of canning tomatoes. I am sure grateful I did though now that we are in the winter and living on Spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, sweet and sour sauce, chili sauce, salsa and canned tomatoes. It was acutally the time of my life. I lived for the garden this summer. It was my reward after getting some of the indoor work done.
My little helper with a huge tomato.
He was my buddy outside this summer. This was not our own garden I have to give all the credit to our neighbor Hal Allen, he is the one who irrigated and saved my plants time after time.

2 comments:

Molly said...

I am SO glad you updated the blog! I love seeing pictures of your new life (even if it means being many many miles away from my favorite people). The kiddos are getting so big!!! Miss you guys so much!

Durham Family said...

We just love seeing all the new pictures of our favorite Cummings family. What a fun summer. So impressed with your gardening results, wow. All the kids look so grown up, hard to believe. We miss you!