Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What a vacation!

In May we went to Nauvoo. It was the perfect time of year. It was not hot, not cold, there were no crowds, and the entire city was covered in tulips. The kids soaked it all in. Hazel was particularly affected by it. As we were leaving she was sobbing. So I asked her "How do you think the pioneers felt when they had to leave?" She looked at me like straight in the eyes and said "Not as sad as I feel." Since then she has informed me that as soon as she gets married and has a baby she is moving there. So I asked her why after she has a baby and said "Because there are no doctors there." Oh Duh. The highlight was probably the temple. It wasn't there when I lived there, just a grass plot. And as we drove down the street and I saw the clock tower for the first time it literally took my breath away. What a tribute. The pioneers must be rejoicing to have their beautiful temple on the hill again. We all loved it. I think it is a must visit for all.

































3 comments:

Callie said...

I love your pictures! It looks like you had an amazing vacation. I'm excited to see what else you guys are up to!

the heiner family said...

Look at how productive you have been since I last checked your blog! I wish we would have gone with you to Nauvoo...maybe after I have the baby. Because if Hazel is right...I do not want to be there before!

Shelli Sivert said...

This little town...Name of Nauvoo...Hey, Kathleen! I got your email. Thanks for letting me know about your blog page. I'm glad you got to go back and visit and that your kids loved it so much. Check out my blog when you want. Love you!

Shelli