Monday, September 15, 2008

Hazel's and Matt's first day of school.

Here she is at the Zoo ready for her first day of Kindergarten.
She is one of 16 who were chosen to attend the special program
at the Henry Doorly Zoo here in Omaha.


Hazel with her teacher Mrs. Callahan. She is a great teacher.
Matthew and one of his best friends Nicole ready for their first day of Pre K.


Both so happy to be there!!!
WHAT A SMILE. MY SWEET BOY.

Well we are now a month into school and the kids love it. Hazel had a surprisingly difficult time leaving. She had absolutely no problems with Pre K but I think "all day" Kindergarten was too long. She fell asleep twice in school the second day and she was falling asleep at dinner. I think before Matt starts all day school I will take away naps a few months before. As for Matthew there has been NO problem whatsoever. He can't wait for school every morning and loves to spend his choice time reading. He has just started to read and is so proud of that. Mary misses her older sibs, but I dont' think she minds being the boss for a few hours everyday. And Marcus loves his "mommy-time".

3 comments:

the heiner family said...

I know that so many girls have their "dibs" on Matt but I must say that they are super cute together and that is undeniable! I would say an arranged marriage should be in the works...then we could be related!

Morris Family said...

How cute!! Congrats on your blog!! I was going to say something but I knew you would figure it out!!

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

Well I'm a little offended that I don't see my name on your popular list to the right